The Gold Coast Commonwealth Games is calling for 15,000 volunteers. An they are asking for volunteers for Event Technology to provide IT support to clients and team to ensure smooth delivery of the event technology.
Are you interested? If so you can apply here now…
Gold Coast 2018 has confirmed those interested in taking up a voluntary role at next year’s event can apply now. Applicants must be over the age of 16 and must be available during the Games, which run from 4 to 15 April 2018. Volunteers will be expected to work between six and 10-hour shifts and will have to source their own accommodation.
“Queensland has a proud tradition of volunteering and helping out,” Gold Coast 2018 chairman Peter Beattie said.
“Week in, week out, from dawn to dusk, volunteer surf lifesavers patrol the Gold Coast beaches, thousands joined the mud army to clean up the 2011 Brisbane floods and volunteers help out to deliver major events like the Gold Coast Marathon.”
TAFE Queensland are set to provide specialist training for the volunteers, who will “learn new skills as part of the process”, according to Gold Coast 2018.
The minimum requirements for applications are;
- be aged 16 or over at point of application
- be able to speak and read English or are an Australian Sign Language (AUSLAN) user;
- be available between the 4th and 15th April 2018;
- be able to come to Gold Coast for a friendly, informal selection event;
- be able to attend and meet the cost of travelling to the Gold Coast for up to 4 days of training from November 2017
- be able to attend an appointment at our Uniform and Accreditation Centre (UAC) on the Gold Coast to collect your uniform and official pass from January 2018
agree to a background security check.
Gold Coast IT Forum Committee Member
Bio: David from Crocodile Marketing is a certify HubSpot Partner and Google Partner providing sales and marketing automation services to Gold Coast and Brisbane region.