Dear Subscribers –
As a past Chair and current member of the Forum I want to tell you why I am a member.
- I want the Gold Coast to thrive and provide employment for our children in knowledge areas so they don’t need to move or can come back.
- The Government and City want to have lead organisations represent the different industry sectors. Yes there will continue to be focused groups and also we need to understand these focused groups need to work with an umbrella group such as the IT Forum or another member of the CICTA group.
- We have specialist groups for the various ICT and start up ICT business groups. What we need is a strong voice to focus on the key needs of all these groups – yes NBN and quality internet for all parts of the City.
- I have seen and been part of the volunteer committee and see what effort they put in behind the scenes to get people to listen. I want to support the current committee members.
- Membership is great value. Compare it to other groups that are 4 – 10 times the cost for membership (AICD, CMI, etc.)
For the first time ever, the ITFGC has a new executive officer working 2+ days per week allowing us to provide consistency and support that we lacked previously.
I would love to see you at the upcoming Christmas party so that we can all support the new team. If you want to talk to our new Executive and Executive Officer then what better atmosphere than when you are having fun.
Frank Yarsley, Previous Chair ITFGC